List of MCLA in BTC/BTR: In this article, we’ll share the details of Member of Council Legislative Assembly (MCLA) of Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC). There are 46 MCLAs in the BTC government, 40 BTC MCLA are selected through the BTC election and other 6 MCLA are nominated by the Governor of Assam to be part of BTC MCLA. Out of these 46 MCLAs, 17 of them are inducted into the Executive Members.
BTC Election 2020 was held in two phases in 7 Dec and 10 Dec 2020. The result was declared on 12 Dec 2020. The candidates from the 5 political parties – BPF, UPPL, BJP, INC and GSP won the BTR election 2020.
- BPF won the highest 17 seats
- UPPL won 12 seats
- BJP won 9 seats
- INC 1 seat
- GSP won the lowest 1 seat
Although BPF won the highest seat of 17, but they couldn’t show their majority seat of 21 for forming the BTC government. UPPL, BJP and GSP came into alliance with a total seats of 23 and formed the BTC govt in 2020.
Note: UPPL + BJP + GSP = 22 seats. But INC candidate Sajal Kumar Singha, who won 1 seat from Srirampur constituency switched to BJP before forming the BTR government. So taking the total count to 23 seats.
List of MCLA in BTC | BTC MCLA List
The following are the current 40 MCLAs of the BTC who are selected through the 2020 BTC election, their name along with constituency and political party details are shared below.
MCLA List of BTC 2023: The following are the btc mcla list 2020 winner.
|Sl. No.||Name||Constituency||Reservation||District||Political Party|
|1.||Moon Moon Brahma||Parbatjhora||Kokrajhar||BPF|
|3.||Sajal Kumar Singha||Srirampur||Kokrajhar||INC|
|4.||Reo Reoa Narzihary||Jamduar||Kokrajhar||BPF|
|8.||Arup Kumar Dey||Fakiragram||Kokrajhar||BJP|
|14.||Ranjit Basumatary UPPL||Chirang Duars||ST||Chirang||UPPL|
|19.||Dhananjay Basumatary||Manas Serfang||ST||Chirang||BPF|
|26.||Bijit Gwra Narzary||Darangajuli||Baksa||BPF|
|27.||Dharma Narayan Das||Nagrijuli||Baksa||BJP|
|29.||Ranendra Narzary||Suklai Serfang||Baksa||BJP|
|30.||Pabitra Kumar Boro||Goreswar||Baksa||UPPL|
|33.||Sanjit Tanti||Nonwi Serfang||Udalguri||BJP|
|34.||Dilip Kumar Boro||Khaling Duar||Udalguri||UPPL|
|39.||Dipak Mour||Pasnwi Serfang||Udalguri||BJP|
|40.||Dr. Nilut Swargiary||Rowta||Udalguri||UPPL|
Out of the 40 MCLAs in BTC, some of the MCLA have changed their political party. The brief details of the same is shared below.
- Sajal Kumar Singha from the Srirampur constituency changed his political party from Indian National Congress (INC) to Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP).
- Reo Reoa Narzihary from the Jamduar constituency changed his political party from Bodoland People’s Front (BPF) to BJP.
- Rajib Brahma from the Banargaon constituency changed his political party from BPF to BJP.
- Saikong Basumatary from the Chirang constituency changed his political party from BPF to United People’s Party Liberal (UPPL).
- Prabhat Basumatary from the Chirang constituency changed his political party from BPF to UPPL.
- Dhananjay Basumatary from the Chirang constituency changed his political party from BPF to UPPL.
- Bijit Gwra Narzary from the Darangajuli constituency changed his political party from BPF to BJP.
Out of 7 MCLAs who switched their party, BPF got 4 MCLA candidates and UPPL got 3 MCLA candidates. BPF as a party lost their 6 MCLA candidates from 17, taking their total MCLA count to 11.
Nominated MCLA Candidates
Apart from the 40 MCLA selected from the BTC election poll process, 6 MCLA candidates are nominated by the Governor of Assam as per the Para 2 (1) of the Sixth Schedule to the Constitution of India as per proviso inserted by Constitution (Amendment) Act, 2003 (44 of 2003). So there are total of 46 MCLA in BTC government.
The list of the nominated MCLA into BTC Govt are:
- Madhav Ch. Chetry (Gorkha)
- Samapawati Deka (Sarania Kachari)
- Wilson Hasda (Santhal)
- Pradip Kumar Bhuyan (Keot)
- Hemanta Kumar Rabha (Rabha)
- Arpana Medhi (General)
From the above 6 nominated MCLA into BTC government, MCLA Wilson Hasda is inducted into BTC Executive Council. Check all the 17 BTC executive members here.
BTC Constituency District Wise
The Bodoland officially BTR has 4 districts and each district has their own constituencies where the BTC election are conducted. Out of the 4 districts, Kokrajhar has the highest number of constituencies and Chirang with the lowest one. Following are the list of BTC constituency.
- Kokrajhar district: The Kokrajhar district has 12 constituencies and they are:
- Chirang district: The Chirang district has 7 constituencies and they are:
- Chirang Duars
- Manas Serfang
- Baksa district: The Baksa district has 11 constituencies and they are:
- Suklai Serfang
- Goreswar Pabitra
- Udalguri district: The Udalguri district has 10 constituencies and they are:
- Nonwi Serfang
- Khaling Duar
- Pasnwi Serfang
From the 40 MCLAs selected from the BTC election 2020, a total of 17 MCLAs are selected for the Executive Member post including 1 nominated. Those 17 Executive members of BTC are listed below.
- Pramod Boro – Chief Executive Member (CEM) (UPPL Party)
- Gobinda Chandra Basumatary – Deputy CEM (UPPL Party)
- Ranjit Basumatary – EM (UPPL Party)
- Gautam Das – EM (BJP Party)
- Daobaisa Boro – EM (UPPL Party)
- Diganta Baruah – EM (BJP Party)
- Dr. Nilut Swargiary – EM (UPPL Party)
- Ukil Mushahary – EM (UPPL Party)
- Dharma Narayan Das – EM (BJP Party)
- Rakesh Brahma – EM (UPPL Party)
- Arup Kumar Dey – EM (BJP Party)
- Ranendra Narzary – EM (BJP Party)
- Sanjib Tanti – EM (BJP Party)
- Dhananjay Basumatary – EM (UPPL Party)
- Reo Reoa Narjihary – EM (BJP Party)
- Wilson Hasda – EM (UPPL Party)
- Ghanshyam Das – EM (GSP Party)
Out of the 17 BTC EMs, 9 EM are from UPPL party, 7 are from BJP party and 1 from GSP party. The top posts of Chief Executive Member and Deputy Chief Executive Member are from UPPL party.
Few Lesser Known Facts
- Dhananjay Basumatary who switched party from BPF to UPPL was inducted as EM in BTC govt.
- Reo Reoa Narjihary who switched party from BPF to BJP was inducted as EM in BTC govt.
- Wilson Hasda who was nominated by the Governor of Assam was inducted as EM in BTC govt.
To know more, visit BTR EM list.
- BTC = Bodoland Territorial Council
- BTR = Bodoland Territorial Region
- MCLA = Member of Council Legislative Assembly
- CEM =Chief Executive Member
- EM = Executive Member
- UPPL = United People’s Party Liberal
- BPF = Bodoland People’s Front
- BJP = Bharatiya Janata Party
- GSP = Gana Suraksha Party
- INC = Indian National Congress
- BTCC = BTC Constitutency
1. How many MCLA are there in BTC?
There are 40 MCLA in BTC government.
2. What is the Full form of MCLA in BTC?
MCLA full form is Member of Council Legislative Assembly.
3. When was the last BTC election held?
The last BTC election was held in 2020.
Important Keywords: MCLA, BTC, BTR MCLA list, BTC MCLA list,BTC MCLA full form, BTC MCLA salary, BTR constituency, BTR election