Kokrajhar Medical College and Hospital: Kokrajhar Medical College is the first medical college in the BTR area and the only Medical College in Kokrajhar district of Assam. The new Kokrajhar Medical College and Hospital was built at the Bodoland headquarter Kokrajhar city which recently started functioning at full scale. The admission for medical college was completed already for the academic session 2023-24, and treatment activities also started.
Kokrajhar Medical College and Hospital
Kokrajhar Medical College and Hospital: Kokrajhar Medical College and Hospital, in short, KMCH. If you are looking for a medical college in Bodoland, this is the only medical college in the Kokrajhar district of BTR, Assam.
Medical College in Kokrajhar: The foundation stone of Government Kokrajhar Medical College was laid on 6 Jan 2019 during the Hagrama-led BTC government by the then Assam CM Sarbananda Sonowal. A ceremonial Bhumi Pujan was also held on that same day.
Medical Colege in Bodoland: On the news of 100 MBBS seat approval from NMC, Assam Cabinet Minister Keshab Mahanta for Health and Family Welfare said that the Kokrajhar Medical College is the 10th medical college of Assam and the first in Bodoland (BTR).
Medical College in BTR: Kokrajhar Medical College’s recruitment of Grade 3 (technical and non-technical) and Grade 4 posts has already started. The last date is 24 Feb 2023. Once the result is out, we’ll know the Kokrajhar Medical College opening date ASAP. It is indeed a big successful step in the BTR’s medical infrastructure.
Kokrajhar Medical College and Hospital Overview
|Kokrajhar Medical College |
and Hospital Logo
|College Name||Kokrajhar Medical College and Hospital|
|College Type||College cum Hospital|
|Inauguration||14 April 2023|
|Affiliation||Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences (SSUHS)|
|Approved by||National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Join Telegram||Join Here|
Approval of MBBS Seat in KMCH
The Bodoland got a Valentine’s gift on 14 Feb 2023 from the National Medical Commission (NMC) approving 100 MBBS seats to the Kokrajhar Medical College for the 2023-24 academic session.
Kokrajhar Medical College Staff
|Principal Name of KMCH||Dr (Prof) Atul Chandra Baro|
It’s said that there are currently 63 staff at KMCH including the Principal.
Kokrajhar Medical College and Hospital Inauguration
Medical College inauguration in Kokrajhar: The Kokrajhar Medical College was established by Govt. of Assam and affiliated to Srimanta Sankaradeva University of Health Sciences (SSUHS), Guwahati National Medical Commission (NMC) inspected KMCH on 31 January 2023. KMCH got a Letter of Intent on 14 February 2023 and a Letter of Permission on 22 February 2023 for the admission of 100 students every year.
Kokrajhar Medical College was formally inaugurated and dedicated to the nation by Honorable Prime Minister of India Sri Narendra Modi on 14 April 2023 from AllMS, Guwahati on virtual mode.
Kokrajhar Medical College Admission 2023-24
Kokrajhar Medical College Admission: The 500-bed newly built Kokrajhar Medical College and Hospital in Besorgaon of Kokrajhar town now has the intake capacity of 100 MBBS students for the MBBS degree after the recent approval of 100 MBBS seats from the NMC.
The admission process for the MBBS has been completed for the academic 2023-24. The classes are going to start for the first batch from 1 September 2023 for the academic session 2023-24
- It has a 500-bed hospital
- Apart from this, a cancer hospital with 100 beds was built within the campus under Tata Trust and Assam Government.
- Also 100 bed, mother and child care hospital will be set up within the campus.
- A nursing college and annex institute of the Kokrajhar Medical College will be built, the foundation stone of the same was already done.
Kokrajhar Medical College Fees
The fee structure of MBBS Course in Kokrajhar Medical College and Hospital has been shared below:
Kokrajhar Medical College & Hospital Address
Kokrajhar Medical College Address: PO- Rangalikhata Dist- Kokrajhar BTR, Assam-783370, India Phone: N/A Email: [email protected] Kokrajhar Medical College Website: www.kokrajharmch.ac.in
Kokrajhar Medical College Recruitment 2023
The recruitment for the Kokrajhar Medical College and Hospital 2023 has already started. The Assam DME has released a job for Kokrajhar Medical College. The same is shared below.
- Kokrajhar Medical College Recruitment 2023 (Grade III and Grade IV) | 631 Total Posts | Last Date: 24 Feb 2023
Important Web Links and Data
|Kokrajhar Medical College Official Website||Click Here|
|Kokrajhar Medical College News||Link|
|Visit Bodopedia Homepage||Click Here|
|Join Telegram Group||Join Here|
Other Medical Colleges in BTR (Bodoland)
There are only two medical colleges in BTR. One is soon going to function and the other one is yet to start construction.
- Kokrajhar Medical College & Hospital
- 100 MMBS seats approved.
- 2023-24 academic session admission notification will be out soon.
- Tamulpur Medical College & Hospital
- Construction has started. The details of the same will be shared soon.
- Entry Gate Sign Board Issue
- Recently on Jan 2023, there was a controversy regarding the entry gate sign board of the Kokrajhar Medical College.
- The sign board at the main entrance of Kokrajhar Medical College and Hospital was written only in Assamese and English.
- Angry over discrimination of Bodo language in BTR headquarters Kokrajhar, ABSU workers force the authority to pull down the sign board.
- Demanded to ensure that signboards are written in Bodo, Assamese, and English.
Result: A new sign board written in English, Bodo, and Assamese is installed.
2. Amalgamation of RNB Hospital Kokrajhar with the Kokrajhar Medical College and Hospital
Kokrajhar Medical College and Hospital Photos
Kokrajhar Medical College and Hospital Images: The images of Kokrajhar Medical College have been shared below:
FAQs About KMCH | Kokrajhar Medical College & Hospital
1. Is Kokrajhar Medical College Government or Private?
Kokrajhar Medical College and Hospital is a Government College. It is the only Medical College in Kokrajhar of the entire BTR Region.
2. How can I get a seat in Kokrajhar Medical College?
Kokrajhar Medical College MBBS Admission is purely based on NEET UG Entrance Exam. So you need to clear the NEET UG Entrance Exam to get admission to MBBS course at Kokrajhar Medical College.
3. What is Kokrajhar Medical College Principal’s name?
Kokrajhar Medical College’s Principal Name is Dr. (Prof) Atul Chandra Baro. He is the first principal of KMCH.
4. What is the opening Date of Kokrajhar Medical College?
Kokrajhar Medical College Opening Date: Kokrajhar Medical College was opened and inaugurated by the honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 14 April 2023 from AllMS, Guwahati on virtual mode.