Assam Budget 2024-25: The Assam government has recently presented a budget of Rs. 2.9 lakh crore for the 2024-2025 financial year. Check out what Finance Minister Smt. Ajanta Neog shared in the Assam Budget for 2024-25 on February 12, 2024.
Assam Budget 2024-25
The Assam government has recently presented a budget of Rs. 2.9 lakh crore for the 2024-2025 financial year. Despite a deficit of Rs. 774.47 crore, the budget does not propose any new taxes. This budget introduced the Punya Tirtha Yojana, a scheme aimed at facilitating the pilgrimage of 25,000 individuals to the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya. To support this initiative, Rs. 25 crore has been allocated.
Moreover, the government intends to provide financial grants to assist one million girls in pursuing higher education. Girls entering class 11 will receive Rs. 10,000, while those entering their first year of graduation will be granted Rs. 12,500. A total of Rs. 240 crore has been allocated for this purpose in the budget.
During the Assam Budget 2024-25, the Government of Assam has introduced 18 flagship schemes, which are expected to bring about a new era of growth and prosperity.
Assam Flagship Schemes for the Financial Year 2024-25
The Assam Budget for the fiscal year 2024-25 was presented on February 12, 2024, by Finance Minister Smt. Ajanta Neog. Check out the 18 key flagship schemes introduced for the upcoming financial year, marking an important step towards stronger development in the state.
- Chief Minister’s Atmanirbhar Assam Abhijan
- One Lakh Plus Jobs
- Projects for Amrit Kaal
- Creation Growth Corridors
- Mukhya Mantri Awaas Yojana (Gramin)
- Green Growth for Greener Assam
- Welfare of Tea Tribe Community
- Quest for Cultural Identity
- Punya Tirtha Yojana- Ayodhya Pilgrimage
- Mukhya Mantri Nijut Moina (MMNM)
- Mukhya Mantri Mahila Udyamita Abhiyaan
- Orunodhoi 2.0- Expanding and More inclusive
- Assam Micro Finance Incentive and Relief Schemw- Category III
- Future for Children
- Innovative Integration of Wetlands with River Brahmaputra for Floodwater Diversion
- Khel Maharan and Youth Clubs in 126 LACs
- Global Investors Summit in November 2024
- Mukhya Mantri Sangrahalaya
Assam Budget 2024-25 | Major Announcements
The Assam Budget for the year 2024-25 was presented by Finance Minister Smt. Ajanta Neog on February 12, 2024. It focuses on boosting development in the state by allocating resources to key areas. We’ve provided a detailed breakdown of the highlights in the below list:
Important Website Links
|Download Assam Budget announced for the Financial Year 2024-25 PDF
|Download Assam Flagship Schemes announced for the Financial Year 2024-25 PDF
|Join Telegram Group
In this article we have updated you about the Assam Budget 2024-25 held on 12 February 2024. We hope the update on our website Bodopedia was useful to you, Do join our Telegram for the latest updates.