Disability Scholarship 2023-24:Department of Empowerment of persons with Disabilities provides an opportunity to students with Disabilities (Divyaganj) for availing scholarship under the schemes that is- Pre Matric, Post Matric, Top Class Education and National Overseas Scholarships for the year 2023-24.
Disability Scholarship 2023-24 Overview
|Name of the Scholarship||Scholarship for Students with Disabilities for the year 2023-24|
|Launched By||Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment|
|Applicable To||Disability Students of India|
|Scholarship Amount||Upto 8 Lakh per annum|
|Application Last Date||30 November 2023 ( Pre Matric Scholarship)|
31 December 2023 (Post Matric Sholarship/Top Class Scholarship)
Disability Scholarship 2023-24 Notification
The Department of Empowerment of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment of government of India has released a notification regarding the scholarship for differently abbled students for Pre Matric, Post Matric, Top Class Education and National Overseas Scholarships for the year 2023-24. As per the notification, the last date to apply Disability Scholarship for Pre Matric Category is 30 November 2023 and for Post Matric and Top Class Education is 31 December 2023.
Disability Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for Scholarship for differently abbled students, applicants must be a permanent resident of India. To apply for Disability Scholarship 2023-24 for Pre Matric, Post Matric, Top Class Education and National Overseas Scholarships for the year 2023-24 applicants must meet the eligibility criteria as mentioned below:
- Scholarships are open for Indian Students.
- A person with benchmark disability ie not having less than 40% Disabilities and having disability Certificate provided by medical Authority
- Only Regular students can apply this scholarship
- Unique Disability Identity (UDID) is mandatory
- For National Overseas Scholarships, students must secured minimum 55% of marks.
Parential Annual Income
About Disability Scholarship 2023-24
To provide quality education to differently abbled students, the Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, Government of India is implementing “Scheme of Scholarships for Students with Disabilities” with following six components:
- Pre-matric Scholarship (For Classes IX and X)
- Post-matric Scholarship (For Class XI to Post-Graduate Degree/Diploma)
- Top Class Education (For Graduate and Post-Graduate Degree/Diploma in notified institutes of excellence in education)
- National Overseas Scholarship (For Master’s Degree/Ph.D. in Institutions/Colleges/Universities abroad)
- National Fellowship (For M. Phil and Ph.D. in Indian Universities)
- Free Coaching (For recruitment examinations for Group A, B and C posts and entrance examinations for admission to various technical and professional courses).
How to Apply Disability Scholarship 2023-24
As per the Scholarship for Disabled Students Notification 2023-24, candidates are advised to apply online for Pre Matric, Post Matric and Top Class Scholarships on the Official Website of National Scholarship Portal at https://scholarships.gov.in/