Assam Cabinet meeting 12 September 2023: On September 12, the Assam Cabinet, under the leadership of Chief Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma, took many important decisions, including the approval to include 41 Biswanath district villages into the BTR.
Assam Cabinet Meeting 12 September 2023
The Assam Cabinet, under the leadership of Chief Minister Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma, made a significant decision during its recent meeting on September 12. They approved the inclusion of 41 villages from the Biswanath district into the Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR) in line with the Memorandum of Settlement signed on January 27, 2022, with 19 additional villages planned to join in later phases.
Presented below are a series of key decisions of the Assam Cabinet Meeting 12 September 2023:
- Boosting Morale of Police Personnel
- For boosting morale of Assam Police personnel, Assured Career Progression scheme of at least 3 assured promotions from Constable rank — i) Constable to Lance Naik, ii) Lance Naik to Naik and iii) Naik to Havildar/Head Constable
- Besides the normal course of promotion, every personnel will be eligible for assured promotion to the next higher level after completion of eight years of regular service in a particular post, subject to performance and vigilance clearance
- This will strengthen public service delivery by the law-enforcement personnel through effective management of human resources
- For Smooth Conduct of Technical Education
- For smooth conduct of technical education, services of Lecturers in 5 Polytechnics – Chirang, Hailakandi, Morigaon, Tinsukia and Udalguri — and Assistant Professors in Dhemaji Engineering College appointed under Regulation 3(f) of Assam Public Service Commission (Limitation of Function) Regulations, 1951 to be extended
- Ration Money Allowance Hiked
- To ensure health and well-being of Assam Police personnel in lower ranks, Ration Money Allowance from the rank of Followers to Inspectors of Battalions, District Executive Force as well as organisations, including Uniformed Ministerial Staff, to be enhanced up to 2,500 per head per month
- This is aimed at improving access of officers/personnel in these ranks to a healthy and nutritious diet, which will improve their overall functioning and efficiency
- Inclusion of Villages in BTR
- Approval to the proposal of the commission for alteration of area included under BTR for inclusion of 41 villages from Biswanath district to Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR), as committed in the Memorandum of Settlement signed on January 27, 2022 with various Bodo organisations to examine inclusion of Bodo villages contiguous to BTR
- 19 villages will be transferred to BTR shortly in subsequent phases
- Promoting ‘Make in India’
- Unity Mall (Ekta Mall) to be constructed at a cost of 226 crore at the Assam Trade Promotion Organisation complex, Betkuchi to promote national integration, carry forward the concept of ‘Make in India’ and promote the concept of ‘One District, One Product’ (ODOP)
- 35 showrooms for all States/Union Territories with ade- quate & uniform stall size
- 35 showrooms for all districts of Assam
- Food Courts offering cuisines from all parts of India, including ethnic/traditional food from the North-eastern Region (NER)
- Provide marketing support to ODOP as well as traditional industries and craftsmen of the State’s 35 districts
- Provide a platform for marketing of GI products of the State and NER
- Promote brand Assam through ‘Made in Assam’ products
- Employment through Entrepreneurship
- Draft guidelines on Mukhya Mantri Atmanirbhar Asom to generate employment opportunities through the setting up of new entrepreneurial ventures discussed
- Beneficiary coverage
- 2 lakh eligible beneficiaries to be targeted over the next 2 years – 1 lakh in FY 2023-24 and 1 lakh in FY 2024-25
- Financial assistance shall be a combination of Government grant plus interest-free Government loan to be repaid after 5 years to establish micro-enterprise/service units
- Selected beneficiaries to undergo 1-month training in selected educational/skill training institutions for enhancing entrepreneurship, management and accounting skills during which 10,000 shall be granted as stipend
- The portal for registration giving details of eligibility/eligible activities will be launched on 23 September 2023
Assam Cabinet Meeting 12 September 2023 Key Decisions in PDF
Download Assam Cabinet Meeting 12 September 2023 key decisions in PDF, below.
- Assam Cabinet Meeting July 5
- Assam Cabinet Meeting July 21
- Assam Cabinet Meeting August 9
- 100th Assam Cabinet Meeting August 25
1. What’s the latest decision taken in Assam Cabinet Meeting regarding the inclusion of villages into the BTR?
The Assam cabinet approved adding 41 villages from Biswanath district to the Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR) as part of a Memorandum of Settlement signed with Bodo organizations on January 27, 2022. Additionally, 19 villages will join BTR in later phases.