Assam State Civilian Awards 2022-23: A total of 21 people received the award; two are from the Bodo tribe belonging to the BTR region, one from Baksa and another from Chirang. Heartiest congratulations to all the 21 personalities whose names have been announced for the Assam State Civilian Awards 2023.
On 4 Jan 2023, The Assam government announced the recipients of the Assam Civilian Awards 2022. It’s categorized into three awards:
Two Bodos from BTR Received Assam Gaurav Award 2023
Rustom Basumatary – Assam Gaurav Awardee 2023
Warmest Congratulations to the Bodo son, Shri Rustam Basumatary, on being conferred with the prestigious Assam Gaurav Award 2023 in the field of conservation and as a tourist guide of Manas National Park. All the Bodo tribe are happy about your big achievement. Your hard work and perseverance have paid off.
The young nature guide in the Baksa district, Rustom, has been working dedicatedly in the field of conservation and as a Tourist guide for the last decade.
Hear it from the Assam CM, Dr Himanta Biswa, announcing the name of Rustam Basumatary for the Assam Gourav Award, how Rustom has contributed to the field of conservation and why he was awarded.
Listen to the Assam Gaurav awardee Rustom Basumatari quite happy after receiving the award, interacting with the media.
Sarbeswar Basumatary – Assam Gaurav Awardee 2023
A progressive farmer of Chirang district Shri Sarbeswar Basumatary has been conferred with the prestigious Assam Gaurav Award 2023 in the field of Agriculture.
Heartiest congratulation to Sarbewar Basumatari. Sarbeswar hails from 1 No. Gwrwbdara Village, P.O. – Panbari, Chirang, BTR, Assam.
Listen to the Assam Gaurav awardee Sarbeswar Basumatari quite happy after receiving the award, interacting with the media.
In 2021 also, when the Assam State Civilian Awards were first started, three Bodos won the Assam Gaurav award.
- Manoj Kr. Basumatary in the Piggery Farming category.
- Dharanidhar Basumatary in the Wildlife Conservation category.
- Kalpana Boro in the Public service category.
Assam State Civilian Awards 2023
Assam Baibhav Award 2023
The Assam highest civilian award, the Assam Bhaibhav award, will be conferred on Dr Tapan Saikia. He has been selected for this Assam Vaibhav award for his contribution towards creating awareness and early cancer detection in Assam and other Northeast states.
Congratulation to Dr Tapan Saikia. Saikia hails from Naharkatia in the Dibrugarh district of Assam. Currently working as the head of medical Oncology and research director at the Prince Aly Khan Hospital in Mumbai.
Assam Saurav Award 2023
- Shri Krishna Roy (Mobile Theatre Maestro)
- Shri Gilbartson Sangma (Former Indian Footballer)
- Smt Nayanmoni Saikia (CWG Gold Medalist)
- Dr Binoy Kumar Saikia (Principal Scientist, NERIST, Jorhat)
- Dr Sashidhar Phukan (Joint Director of Health Services, Jorhat)
Assam Gaurav Award 2023
For the Asom Gaurav award 2023, 15 eminent personalities have been selected. They are:
- Smt Dhriti Mala Deka (Smashan Bandhu)
- Shri Debajit Barman (Progressive Fish Farmer)
- Shri Rustom Basumatary (Conservationist)
- Shri Manje La Singpho (Managing Director, Singpho Eco Lodge)
- Shri Binanda Hatibaruah (Bird Watcher)
- Shri Atul Ch Baruah (Ex-IAF Personnel & Social Worker)
- Smt Kalyani Rajbongshi (Social Worker)
- Smt Sheela Gowala (Asha)
- Dr Jogesh Deori (Ex-Director of Sericulture, BTC)
- Dr Pankaj Lal Gogoi (Poultry Entrepreneur)
- Shri Sarbeswar Basumatary (Progressive Farmer
- Shri Manthang Hmar (Pineapple Exporter)
- Dr Dhrubajyoti Sarma (Horticulturist)
- Shri Dayal Goswami (Satriya & Mask Artist)
- Dr Syed Iftikar Ahmed (Anti-AIDS Activist)
Also, check the below image for your reference.
About the Awards and Benefits
The Assam State Civilian Awards started in 2021. This year 2023 award recipient is the award of 2022.
Assam Baibhav Award
The Asom Baibhav award is the highest civilian award of the Assam govt. The winner will receive a citation/certificate/medal and a cash prize of Rs. 5 lakhs.
Assam Saurav Award
The Asom Saurav award is the highest civilian award of the Assam govt. The winner will receive a citation/certificate/medal and a cash prize of Rs. 4 lakhs.
Assam Gaurav Award
The Asom Gaurav award is the highest civilian award of the Assam govt. The winner will receive a citation/certificate/medal and a cash prize of Rs. 3 lakhs.
What are the other benefits of winning the Assam Civilian Awards?
Apart from the citation, certificate, medal and monetary sum, the award recipients will be offered the following facilities:
- Free Medical Treatment in Government hospitals and stay in paying cabins, wherever available.
- The Assam govt will also provide Rs. 2 lakhs for medical expenses to treat their critical diseases.
- Assam govt will provide free accommodation to the awardees in the state government circuit houses, guest houses, and Assam bhawans.
- Assam govt will regularly invite them to all the Official functions as distinguished guests.
- They can also avail of free travel in the state-owned ASTC buses provided they give advanced (24 hours) information to the concerned authority.
Official Website of Assam State Civilian Awards, click here.