Assam Budget 2022 for BTR: What is included in the Assam budget 2022-23 for the people of BTR.
Assam Finance Minister Ajanta Neog presented the state budget for the year 2022-23 on 16 March 2022 (Wednesday) at the Assam Legislative Assembly.
Though the budget is for the whole state but in this article, we’ll be focusing only on the state budget for the BTR region administrated by the BTC government.
Bodoland Territorial Region abbreviated as BTR has five districts under its jurisdiction as Kokrajhar, Chirang, Baksa, Udalguri, and Tamulpur. The Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC) government headed by the Chief, Pramod Boro runs the administration of the BTR.
Bodo people lovingly call BTR as Bodoland.
Assam Budget 2022 for BTR Highlights
Let us look into the Assam Budget 2022 for Bodoland Territorial Region (BTR). What development, schemes, proposal, etc has been made for the five districts of Bodoland.
Below are the key highlights of the Assam Budget 2022 for BTR.
- 10 colleges in the BTR to be provincialized.
- Six lakh additional Orunodoi beneficiaries to be added from BTR, Orunodoi assistance enhance to Rs. 1250 per month from next financial year (From April 2022 onwards), with Rs. 250 additional subsidy for 50 units of electricity.
- Construction of Tamulpur Medical College to start this year.
- One BSc nursing college/GNM nursing School, to be setup in Tamulpur Medical College.
- Kokrajhar Govt College will be elevated into University.
- Rs. 10 crores to the college as grants-in-aid for capital expenditure.
- Proposal to organize North-East Festival of Indigenous and Tribal Culture and Games to present indigenous culture to the world audience.
- Rs. 10 crores earmarked for the proposal.
- Proposal to allow up to 50 bigha per Tribal family by removing upper ceiling of 8 bigha under Assam Land Policy, 2019.
- Expansion of Rupsi Airport.
- Kokrjahar Cancer Hospital in BTR to be made functional from May 2022.
- Salmara-Andherighat-Khoirabari-Tangla-Paneri road in Udalguri district to be renovated under “Assam Mala” scheme.
- BTR’s Super 50: Govt of Assam accepted thr proposal of Residential Training Program to 50 talented students from BTR to study engineering courses in IITs and NITs.
- Under the ‘DugdhaDhara’ mission, cross-breed cows producing 12-13 litres of milk per day will be provided to farmer cooperatives for livelihood up-gradation.
Apart from other activities ensuring the overall development of the council area, the department has set a target of constructing handloom clusters at block level as well as launching the Bodoland Handloom Mission to pave the way for regular income for weavers.
Above pointers are the details of the Assam Budget 2022 for Bodoland.
Download the Assam Budget 2022-23 PDF file here.
Note: If we see the Assam budget for Bodoland, there is almost nothing for Chirang and Baksa district.
1. When was the Assam Budget 2022-23 Announced?
16 March 2022 (Wednesday).