Ankushita Boro Biography: Ankushita Boro is a female Indian boxer from Bodo community who has earned numerous medals participating National representing her state Assam and International representing her country India.
Ankushita Boro Biography
Ankushita Boro is an Indian boxer from the Boro community who competes in National and International boxing. She was born on October 6, 2000, in the village of Meghai Jarani, located within the Sonitpur district of Assam, India. She bagged numerous medals nationally representing Assam state and internationally representing her country India. Ankushita was also named the ‘Best Boxer’ at the AIBA Youth Women’s World Boxing Championships.
Ankushita Boro’s Boxing Career
Ankushita’s introduction to the world of boxing was unexpected, at the age of 12 when a friend encouraged her to participate in a local tournament. This was marked her dedication to sport of boxing. She travelled a long distance of 165-kilometers for trials at the Sports Authority of India (SAI) center in Golaghat, where she was guided by coach Trideep Boro.
As Ankushita progressed in her boxing career, she further honed her skills under Italian coach Raffael Bergamasco.
Ankushita Boro Quick Info
|Full Name||Ankushita Boro|
|Born||October 6, 2000|
|Place of Birth||Meghai Jarani, Sonitpur district, Assam|
|Parents||Father: Rakesh Kumar|
Mother: Ranjita Boro
|Education||Dakshin Junior College in Guwahati|
Ankushita Boro Personal Life | Education | Family
Ankushita Boro Education: Ankushita was attending attending Dakshin Junior College in Guwahati as a student.
Ankushita Boro Parents: Her parents, Rakesh Kumar, who serves as a primary school teacher, and Ranjita Boro, currently employed by an NGO, have played important roles in her journey.
- Ankushita Boro Father: Rakesh Kumar
- Ankushita Boro Mother: Ranjita Boro
- Ankushita Boro Sister: Not Known
Ankushita Boro Husband: Ankushita married her longtime coach Trideep Borah at Tezpur.
Ankushita Boro Achievements | Boxing
Here is a list of achievements Ankushita has earned up to this point:
- Ankushita Boro received the Best Boxer Award in her district in 2013, and in 2015, she won a gold medal for her state.
- Early in 2017, she earned a bronze medal at the National Youth Championship.
- On the international stage, she secured silver medals at the- Balkan Youth International Boxing Championship in Bulgaria and Ahmet Comert Championships in Turkey.
- AIBA Youth Women’s World Boxing Championships 2017:
- Her career reached its peak on 26 November 2017 when she not only won a gold medal in the light welterweight (64 kilogram) category but was also named the ‘Best Boxer’ at the AIBA Youth Women’s World Boxing Championships held in Guwahati, India, from 19 to 26 November.
- The following year 2018, her success continued with another gold medal at the North East Olympic Games in Imphal.
- Additionally, she added a silver medal at the 2nd India Open International Boxing Tournament 2019 and a gold medal at the 3rd Khelo India Youth Games in 2020, both event hosted in Guwahati.
- Ankushita won silver at the 4th Elite Women’s National Boxing Championship 2019 held in Kannur, Kerala. The event took place from 2-8 December. However, she was defeated in the finals in 64kg category by gold medalist Pwilao Basumatary representing Railways by 3-2 points.
- She further won a bronze medal at the 5th Elite Women’s National Boxing Championship 2021 in Hisar.
- She won a silver at the 6th BFI Elite Women’s National Boxing Championship 2022 held in Bhopal from 22-26 December.
- She won gold in the Women’s 66kg Welterweight category at the 36th National Games 2022 held in Gujarat.
- Ankushita won gold medal in the Women’s Boxing under 66 KG category at the 37th National Games 2023 held in Goa.
Ankushita Boro Awards in Table
|1.||3th National Games 2023 Goa||2023||Gold|
|2.||36th National Games 2022 Gujarat||2022||Gold|
|3.||Khelo India Youth Game U-21 Girls (64KG category)||2020||Gold|
|4.||3rd Khelo India Youth Games in 2020 Guwahati||2020||Gold|
|5.||North East Olympic Games in Imphal||2018||Gold|
|6.||AIBA Youth Women’s World Boxing Championships||2017||Gold|
|7.||6th Elite Women’s National Boxing Bhopal||2022||Silver|
|8.||2nd India Open International Boxing Tournament, Guwahati||2020||Silver|
|9.||4th Elite Women’s National Boxing Championship, Kerala||2019||Silver|
|10.||Balkan Youth International Boxing Championship in Bulgaria||2017||silver|
|11.||Ahmet Comert Championships in Turkey||2017||silver|
|12.||Asian Boxing Championship (Amman, Jordan)||2022||Bronze|
|13.||5th Elite Women’s National Boxing Championship in Hisar||2021||Bronze|
|14.||National Youth Championship||2017||Bronze|
Ankushita Boro Other achievements
In 2018, Ankushita was appointed as the Brand Ambassador of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao scheme of the Kamrup Metropolitan District Assam by the Former Chief Minister of Assam Sarbananda Sonowal on March 8 at International Women’s Day. The ceremony was held at the Srimanta Sankaradeva Kalakshetra, Panjabari in Guwahati.
Ankushita Boro Government Job
During the cabinet meeting of April 2023, it was announced that Ankushita Boro and nine other sportsperson to be appointed to class III positions under the Directorate of Sports and Youth Welfare. This move aims to encourage youth to take up sports and acknowledge the achievements of those who have brought recognition to the state in the 36th National Games, aligning with Assam’s Integrated Sports Policy of 2017-18.
Ankushita Boro Images
Note: We got most of the pictures from Ankushita Boro’s official Instagram account, and a few from Google.
Important Website Links
|Ankushita Boro Facebook||Click Here|
|Ankushita Boro Instagram||Click Here|
|Ankushita Boro Twitter||Click Here|
|Visit Bodopedia Homepage||Click Here|
1. Who is Ankushita Boro?
Ankushita Boro is an amateur Indian female boxer of Bodo community who has won numerous medals by competing in national and international tournaments for her state, Assam, and her nation, India. Notably, she was recognized as the ‘Best Boxer’ at the AIBA Youth Women’s World Boxing Championships.